New Release of Axioma’s Australia Equity Factor Risk Model
Monday, May 22nd, 2017
Axioma, a global provider of innovative risk and portfolio management solutions, today launches the latest version of its Australia Equity Factor Risk Model suite (“AXAU4”). New features include an improved style and industry factor structure, enhanced stability of factor exposures and a refined estimation universe, all combining to deliver improved risk forecasts and enabling a better articulation of risk.
“With the heightened sense of uncertainty that exists in today’s capital markets, the importance and need for effective risk management has grown rapidly. Axioma is committed to delivering advanced solutions that allow our clients to focus on achieving better results, “said Joel Coverdale, Asia Pacific Managing Director at Axioma. “The latest Australia Equity Factor Risk Model suite incorporates enhancements that will deliver better results for portfolio attribution, lower turnover in portfolio construction and improved risk forecasts.”
Axioma’s Australia Equity Factor Risk Model suite offers:
- Asset coverage of over 1,800 securities listed on the Australian Securities Exchange
- Multiple views of risk – fundamental and statistical
- Multiple horizons which enable distinction between short-term (1-2 months) and medium-term (3-6 months) forecasts
- Daily estimations of factor exposures, covariances and asset specific risks
The Axioma Australia Equity Factor Risk Model suite delivers value and supports clients by providing them with more informative and intuitive results for portfolio risk attribution. Through four different model variants and comprehensive asset coverage, Axioma enables firms to build enhanced portfolios and conduct more insightful analysis into risk and performance.
The latest Australia Equity Factor Risk Model suite includes the following highlights:
- Modified Style factor structure – consistent with the newest generation of Axioma’s modelling approach and designed factor specific to the Australia market with enhanced factor definition.
- New Style Factors include Profitability, Dividend Yield, EM Sensitivity and Exchange Rate Sensitivity
- New industry structure incorporating the GICS 2016 classification and combining thin sub-industries
- Refined estimation universe covering the major indices and important sectors like Financials, Materials, Energy and Real Estate
- New outlier detection method which improves factor risk predictions
Axioma constantly innovates and improves its models to cater to the demands of a competitive and evolving market. This latest release provides clients with the most advanced model capabilities to enable them to gain a more accurate picture of how their strategies perform.
Axioma is a leading provider of enterprise risk management, portfolio construction, and risk and regulatory reporting solutions that offer incomparable insights into the constantly evolving state of risk. Financial institutions worldwide rely on Axioma’s sophisticated suite of tools and flexible open platform technology to unify the view of risk across front, middle and back office functions, helping to drive efficiency and bring transparency to performance. Axioma has received numerous accolades for its innovative technology, which serves as the centerpiece of its clients’ risk management strategy. In 2016, its enterprise risk management solution, Axioma Risk, was named Best Buy-Side Risk/Portfolio Analytics Product at the Buy-Side Technology Awards and the Best Innovative Solution at the L’Agefi AMtech Day Awards. Axioma was also included on the Chartis RiskTech100® 2017, a ranking of the world’s most significant risk and compliance technology companies. Axioma is headquartered in New York, with offices throughout Europe and Asia-Pacific. The Axioma logos and product brands are trademarks/service marks of Axioma, Inc. For more information please visit www.axioma.com. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.